Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bob Hedge








We talked with Bob just prior to the Sunday afternoon matinee of State Fair on June 5, 2004.

Hello, Bob, thanks for talking with us today.

You’re welcome.

How long have you been involved with PCP, and what was your first show?

Oh, I don’t want to answer the first question. (laughs) Well, I started in 1969 [the Playhouse was founded in 1962] and my first show was 110 in the Shade. And I have been involved fairly regularly ever since, taking a few years off now and then.

What is your favorite show you have been in at PCP?

I think that would be 42nd Street. I got the honor of doing the part of Julian Marsh. [This is the leading role. The show was directed by Vickie Parker in 1996].

Bob, you are currently the musical director (and co-director) of State Fair, what was your greatest challenge in working on this show?

I would say dealing with so many different age groups.

You have been onstage [Damn Yankees, Joseph, etc], worked as a Musical Director [Little Shop of Horrors, etc], and have directed shows [Harvey, etc] - which is your favorite thing to do?

Hmmm, probably be onstage, though I have cut way back on my stage appearances [Bob appears as one of the Fair barkers in State Fair]. I really enjoy playing bass guitar in the orchestra. But if the right part came along, I probably would be back onstage!

Bob and wife Sherry played the leading roles in Annie Get Your Gun in 1992. Bob was Frank Butler and Sherry was Annie Oakley.


Bob, tell us what you do away from PCP?

I am the High School and Middle School Band director at Greencastle.

Bob has three college age children, Becky, Bill, and Dara. Bob and wife Sherry live in Greencastle with daughter, Katie.

Anything else you would like to say about PCP - past, present, or future?

I just recently left the board of directors after close to 30 years of serving [he held the offices President and Vice President of PCP during his tenure and headed many committees]. I certainly enjoyed it and plan to stay active in PCP!

We certainly hope so! And thanks for talking with us today, Bob!

No comments:

Post a Comment